This position has been filled as of 12/5/2022
Interested in a flexible, full-time position supporting one of the country’s largest state-level mountain bike advocacy organizations? VMBA is looking for an Office Manager & Membership Coordinator to help deliver our Membership Benefits program, supporting the 9,400+ members who make our work possible, while also supporting internal office systems and operations. The work will be a hybrid and flexible schedule, with the ability to work in our Waterbury office 2-3 days per week.
Summary of Position
The Office Manager & Membership Coordinator will support the office staff in overseeing several office systems and fulfilling our Membership Benefits program throughout the year. Specifically, the Office Manager & Membership Coordinator will help source membership supplies, ensure membership materials are sent to VMBA members in an accurate and timely manner, and assist members with inquiries. Additionally, the Office Manager & Membership Associate will help ensure the office is running smoothly by assisting staff members with various systems and operations. The position is full time, hybrid location between our Waterbury office and remote.
Applicants should be detail-oriented and quick to learn and follow protocols. Applicants should have at least one year of prior experience, and should include a minimum of two references with their application. Salary ranges between $35-$40K DOE, and additional benefits include paid time off, a healthcare stipend, professional development opportunities, a retirement match, and a flexible work schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership fulfillment
- Set annual Membership Supply Calendar with staff
- Source, produce and obtain membership supplies in time for the Membership season on April 1st
- Request Chapter membership inserts and ensure timely delivery
- Process VMBA memberships on back-end from Chapters, Sponsors, and Partners as needed
- Prepare membership reports to have them ‘mail ready’ for processing
- Pack membership packets based on individual membership parameters and following the protocols and procedures established by the Programs & Events Coordinator
- Weigh and post membership packets
- Continue to develop and refine membership packet fulfillment protocols and procedures, including the investigation of new systems, tools, and approaches
- Assist members with questions, concerns, and other ad-hoc requests
- Troubleshoot membership issues as needed through email and phone calls
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare the Annual Membership Survey
- Track membership numbers and trends, and provide weekly membership count to staff during staff meetings
- Office administration
- Attend weekly meetings with all staff members
- Manage fulfillment of packages for partners, ambassadors, donors, and staff
- Maintain and curate digital imagery bank through ImageRelay
- Assist Chapters with access to the website backend
- Work with Operations Director to update digital collateral on website
- Maintain staff software and fulfill requests as needed
- Submit Washington Labor & Industries quarterly reports
- Check VMBA’s PO Box, located in South Burlington, on a weekly basis
- Work with Operations Director to upload and file incoming mail
- Process employee reimbursement requests
- Deposit checks and cash to Mascoma Bank in a timely manner
- If and as time allows, support other staff in execution of special projects
- Assist Programs & Events Coordinator with Event Calendar maintenance
Desired Traits & Skills
- Attention to detail
- Extraordinarily organized
- Clear communicator
- Passion for riding bikes!
- One year relevant work experience
- Two professional references
- Vacation time and sick leave
- Salaried position ($35-$40K DOE)
- Retirement Match
- Healthcare Stipend
- Flexibility to work remotely (up to 50% time)
At VMBA, our pledge is to develop vibrant communities emboldened by outdoor recreation and natural environments connected to all. Our primary goal is to build an inviting and inclusive mountain bike community that any individual can be a part of. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and skills to continue our work of listening and learning, which is why we invite anyone to apply.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “VMBA Office Manager & Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. The Hiring Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. The job posting will close on October 12, 2022 at 11:59pm. This position will start as soon as possible.