Summary of Position
The Events Assistant will represent VMBA throughout our State and region at Chapter and partner events. They will be an initial point of contact with the public while promoting awareness of and membership in VMBA. In addition to representing VMBA, this role will work with the local Chapters to help produce their events. The role will work closely with the Programs and Partnerships Manager to create a schedule and improve activations. Applicants should have existing strong connections with Vermont trail systems and local riding communities.
This is a seasonal position, with a desired start date of Mid-June, and will run for eight (8) weeks. Ideal candidates will be located near our VMBA office in Waterbury, VT. Hourly compensation will be $15-$20/hr DOE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the VMBA Program and Partnerships Manager to develop an event attendance schedule
- Attend in-state mountain biking and outdoor-related events to drive membership, raffle campaigns, and awareness of VMBA
- Keep an event-specific log of all revenue and expenses
- Work closely with the Partnership and Programs manager to process revenue and expenses
- Maintain the events equipment with proper materials, including membership, signage, and booth materials
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors, partners, and event hosts
- Post stories on VMBA’s social media channels during events
- Have fun and spread the stoke for trail riding!
- Office-Related Tasks
- Participate in weekly check-ins with the Programs & Partnerships Manager
- Occasionally attend staff meetings as needed
- Support good documentation organization and management
- One year of relevant work experience
- Two professional references
- A valid driver’s license
- Use of a reliable vehicle that can transport event materials (tents, tables, weights, etc.)
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to connect with a diverse array of audiences, including riders of all ages and abilities, sponsors, and partners
- Experience and desire to be in and around outdoor events, ranging from small group rides to large festivals, throughout the riding season (June – August) in the state of Vermont
- Able to clearly articulate VMBA’s mission and values
- Flexible & Dependable
- Prior experience putting on and/or being part of events.
- Ability to build relationships with community members from different backgrounds
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel to different parts of Vermont
- Ability to transport, physically set up, and take down event equipment (pop-up tent, tables, and associated gear)
- Sense of humor and desire to work in a fun team environment
- Passion for making Vermont the best place in the country to MTB!
- Mileage reimbursement
- Part-time (10-15 hours per week – primarily on the weekends)
- Seasonal: 8 weeks
- Access to industry pro deals
At VMBA, our pledge is to develop vibrant communities emboldened by outdoor recreation and natural environments connected to all. Our primary goal is to build an inviting and inclusive mountain bike community that any individual can be a part of. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and skills to continue our work of listening and learning, which is why we invite anyone to apply.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “VMBA Event Assistant Application” in the subject line. The Hiring Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. The job posting will close on May 8, 2023, at 5pm EST.