2018 MTB State Summit
Mountain biking is a quickly evolving sport. There are thousands perspectives from forum threads, trail advocacy groups, manufacturers, etc. There’s no shortage of opportunities, great ideas and passion.
Groups learning how to differently organize locally while working together holds tremendous opportunity. The Vermont Mountain Bike Association, the Michigan Mountain Bike Association and the Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association are eager to develop new kinds of networking with peer organizations.
Everyone is invited to the summit – it’s not an exclusive party. Organizations with all types of affiliations are encouraged to participate.
The MTB State Summit will be hosted by VMBA, MMBA and JORBA in Grand Rapids, MI on November 6th and 7th.
We’re going to turn the traditional summit model upside down and you’re a big part of making that happen. Here’s how:
- Every organization will have an opportunity to share its best trick in a “poster session.” This format will allow a bunch of ideas into the room at once while maintaining a relaxed atmosphere. Everyone can focus on the topics that they find most interesting and get ideas from those with firsthand experience. It also a great opportunity to have your innovations featured at the summit. If you like an idea shared by another organization, take a picture of their poster – it’s yours! The MTB State Summit team will have your poster printed onsite. Get more details now!
- Everyone in attendance will have the chance to add to the knowledge base by contributing to a “rolling topics” platform where anyone in attendance can contribute to multiple organizational building topics. After the summit, this content will be summarized and shared. Some topics may include:
- Favorite fundraising book/article
- Best MTB Podcast
- Your web developer’s contact info
- Useful Board development resource
- The title of a book that sparked an innovation
- Insurance contacts
- Want a to walk away with a trail grant? All MTB State Summit proceeds will go towards two trail grants – Learn more about how the MTB State Summit can support your organization through a trail grant!
- Diversifying the sport
- Navigating organizational growth
- Working with Chambers, CVBs and tourism groups
- Membership platforms
- Incorporating for profit perspectives into stewardship
- Building a trail grant
- Events – the good and the bad
- Fundraising strategies
- E-bikes – a manufacturer’s perspective