This position is no longer available. Keep checking back on our blog for any open positions – thank you!
The Association is hiring a full time Programs Coordinator. This is the first time VMBA has had two full time people in the office – pretty exciting. Fortunately, the Association was successful in pursuing a grant to cover the majority of adding this role, which helps preserve the chapter trail grant. These growing pains are a welcomed reality as membership, chapters, partners and the list of stakeholders continues to quickly expand. Please consider sharing this post with your network.
Comprised of 27 chapters and over 5350 members, the Vermont Mountain Bike Association strives to ensure the sustainable future of mountain biking in Vermont and serves as the central hub for mountain biking advocacy, education and promotion. The core team is made up of a full-time Executive Director and two part-time Program Coordinators working in concert with the Board of Directors and a phenomenal family of chapters, their boards, volunteers and members. The Association is seeking an articulate, highly organized, team player to fill our new full-time Programs Coordinator position.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop a command of VMBA programs, vision and strategic plan
- In concert with the ED, coordinate quarterly goals for all staff utilizing organizational workflow tools
- Steward a robust chapter resource library
- Become acutely attuned to chapters’ trail projects relative to past, present and planned projects, permitting status, land access objectives, landowner agreements/contacts, public land manager communications, funding sources and any applicable building standards per the VT Trails System
- Occasionally attend public meetings, which may be after 5PM on weekdays and weekends
- Coordinate all changes to the VMBA website
- Coalesce chapter and member newsletter content and keep these communications happening at a consistent cadence
- In coordination with the ED, oversee VMBA partner platforms and coordinate timely, well-planned changes
- In coordination with the ED, continuously measure the business value of all VMBA programs and coordinate timely, well-planned changes
- Assist the ED in balancing emergent opportunities against current demands and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Always present a united front to the public per the direction of the VMBA Board of Directors
- A four-year degree is preferred
- Articulate and highly-organized
- Exceptional prioritization capacity
- Phenomenal stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite
- At least 3 years of full-time office experience
- Experience managing program budgets
- Must be a listener, learner and committed to organizational goals
- Must have demonstrated experience effectively working with the public
- Must be a team player and have a good sense of humor
- Must have valid driver’s license
VMBA is not seeking a “multitasker.” We are seeking someone who can focus, collaboratively generate measurable change and maintain a happy demeanor at least 95% of the time.
If you have these skills, but are not a mountain biker – do not hesitate to apply! This is a full-time position based in our Williston offices. There will be travel required after 5PM and on weekends occasionally. VMBA provides: competitive salary, paid sick & holidays, 401k match, healthcare stipend, professional development opportunities and is committed to work/life balance. VMBA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send an electronic copy of your cover letter, resume and three references to:
Subject: “VMBA PC Search”
Applications will be accepted until 5PM on July 1st.