Comprised of 27 chapters and over 5300 members, the Vermont Mountain Bike Association strives to ensure the sustainable future of mountain biking in Vermont and serves as the central hub for mountain biking advocacy, education and promotion. The core team is made up of a full-time Executive Director and two part-time Program Coordinators working in concert with the Board of Directors and a phenomenal family of chapters, their boards and volunteers. The Association is seeking an articulate, highly organized, team player to fill our part-time Events and Outreach Coordinator position.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Take ownership of outreach operations – events, social media, events calendar and working closely with the BOD marketing committee
• Work closely with chapters to provide accurate and timely information to the riding community
• Provide onsite chapter event support
• Take ownership of the annual bike raffle and Reward Volunteers program
The ideal person for this role is:
• Passionate about mountain biking in Vermont
• Knowledgeable about Vermont trails
• A social media wizard
• Willing to dig in and be committed to a part-time role
• Articulate and eager to develop their communication skills
• An active listener
• A prioritization master
• Confident with their verbal/presentation skills
• A routine user of Microsoft Office & G Suite tools
• Committed to organizational goals
• Fueled by working with the public
• A team player and has a good sense of humor
• Able to lift and safely move 75 pounds comfortably
• Driving a reliable vehicle with a bit of room for event materials
This is a part-time 20 hrs. a week position based in our Williston offices. There will be travel required after 5PM on weekdays and on weekends – intensity of travel is season dependent.
VMBA provides: mileage, competitive salary, paid sick & holidays, 401k match, healthcare stipend and professional development opportunities. VMBA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send an electronic copy of your cover letter, resume and three current references to:
Subject: “VMBA EO Search”
This job is open – applications will be accepted until 5PM on May 24th.