The riding season is well underway and most of the resorts have begun their mountain biking operations. As part of your VMBA 2020 Member Benefits, you receive one FREE DH MTB coupon to Stratton Resort, Killington Resort, Sugarbush Resort, and Burke Mountain Resort.
VMBA’s partner resorts have all put in place guidelines to ensure your safety. We’ve got a quick summary of the 2020 operational adjustments, including how to use your VMBA coupon below. Check out each resort’s website for up to date information and review ACCD’s Cross State Travel before you arrive at any resort or trailhead.
We are very excited to have Stratton Resort as our newest downhill partner! The Stratton Bike Park trails are open Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-4pm and accessible via the American Express lift. Bike rentals must be purchased online at least a day in advance. VMBA coupons can be redeemed at the ticket kiosk located near the gondola. MTB lift tickets can be purchased in advance or day-of via your smartphone. In order to maintain proper social distancing, Stratton may limit ticket sales on any given day.
Stratton 2020 Season Details
- Lift served mountain biking is from the American Express Lift
- Facial coverings when in the presence of others and bike gloves are recommended
- 6 foot distancing should be maintained whenever possible
- Guests may load up to three bikes per carrier and three guests per chair maximum
- Bikes will be offloaded by staff at the top terminal
- All chairs and common surfaces will be sanitized according to the CDC guidelines and Vermont state guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer and disinfectant available at top and bottom lift stations
- Bike wash stations are available in the base area and will be disinfected regularly.
- Bring enough water to stay properly hydrated for the duration of your visit.
- The restrooms in the Village are available.
- The restrooms located downstairs in the Base Lodge are also available during operating hours.
- Please note all other areas of the Base Lodge building are closed to the public.
- Restrooms will be sanitized frequently with intermittent closures for scheduled cleaning in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Refrain from congregating before or after your session.
Please visit their website for more information and complete details.
The legendary Killington Bike Park is open Friday-Sunday for passholders and the general public with lift access from the Snowshed Express Quad from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Reservations are not required for pass holders but advance purchase of tickets is required for non-passholders. Redeem your VMBA coupon in person at the ticket window, no advance reservation required.
Killington 2020 Season Details
- Face masks are required inside buildings and suggested outside, when in the presence of others.
- Staying home if in the past 14 days have you had close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 or in the past 24 hours experienced any of the following symptoms.
- If you are renting a bike or taking a lesson or tour, you can complete Killington’s online waiver in advance.
- Season Passes and tickets can be picked-up at Snowshed Season pass office. The pass office will be open 30 minutes prior to lift opening and 30 minutes after lift close. If you purchase only a ticket (no lesson/tour or rental), use the outdoor kiosks to pick up your RFID card.
- Private learn to mountain bike lessons are currently available.
- Overnight parking or camping is currently prohibited, and Killington asks that folks avoid tailgating or congregating in groups.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet must be observed while in the lift line and on trails.
- Chairlifts will have a maximum of 2 guests per chair. Riders will be permitted to ride the chair alone or with members out-side of their house-hold, while sitting 6 feet apart from one another.
- Water stations are not available. Bring your own water!
- The bike repair shop and retail store are open.
- Indoor & outdoor food and beverage service is available at Snowshed from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Friday-Sunday.
Please visit their website for more information and details.
Burke should be on everyone’s list this season, but plan ahead! This year, day ticket sales will be limited to 50 per day on a first come-first-serve basis. These must be purchased in advance, but 2020 Season Passholders do NOT need to make advance reservations to ride. VMBA coupons can be redeemed at the ticket counter and do not need prior reservations. Currently, there are no Thursday or Friday operations and the summit shuttle is not available.
Burke 2020 Season Details:
- If you have a fever or symptoms of illness, please stay home.
- They encourage all of their guests to wear face masks while in the presence of others and while indoors.
- Seating in public spaces (indoor and out) has been minimized and arranged to adhere to the physical distancing guidelines. Please plan to arrive, ride, and depart.
- The Sherburne Lift will accommodate a maximum of two riders per chair or a total of four if travelling in the same social group.
- All facilities will be based out of the Burke Mountain Hotel including food and beverage service as well as restrooms. The Sherburne Base Lodge is closed. The Burke Mountain Hotel can be accessed by riding the lift to Roly Grail.
- Bring plenty of water! All public water fountains have been closed and there will be no shared water bottle refill stations this season.
- “Mind the Gap” and practice physical distancing whenever possible. 6′ markers will be based at the lift line and around the resort to help you remember and for your convenience.
- Bike rentals are available but must be reserved in advance. Neither helmets nor pads will be available to rent.
- No overnight camping or parking is allowed in the Sherburne Base Lodge lots.
- The Scenic Toll Road is open now, but will be closed from August 14th – 16th, 2020.
Please visit their website to learn more information.
Sugarbush is working hard to abide by Governor Phil Scott’s “Be Smart, Stay Safe” order and has suspended downhill mountain bike operations through August 15th. Stay updated on these operational changes at their Health & Travel page.
Although lift-served Downhill Mountain Biking operations are currently not happening, the cross-country mountain bike trails are available, open, and super fun! The beginner Lollipop Trail and beginner/intermediate Lower Village Trails are ready for your next cross-country mountain bike adventure, but note that Sugarbush is not currently doing trail maintenance. Check out Sugarbush’s bike rentals that will help you help explore all the amazing trails around the Mad River Valley.