Thank you for your patience and respect for each others’ safety and for trail closures. Together, the office and chapters understand that outdoor recreation is a big part of your daily routine. To help keep each other safe and the trails open per the local chapter’s discretion, we ask that you follow the guidelines presented here. As we continue our efforts to protect each other until COVID-19 is under control, trail etiquette is more important than ever. Thank you!
- Know Before You Go – Observe trail closures by checking trail conditions before you go.
- Keep Your Distance & Slow the Spread – While on trail, maintain social distancing of at least two bike lengths. Keep a buff and gloves on you for any kind of interaction with other riders including potentially helping another rider that needs your assistance. Please observe all CDC Guidelines.
- Party of One – Ride solo or in small groups.
- Ride Local – Stay close to home as much as possible. Either ride your bike to the trail or stay within your community.
- Go With the Flow – Carefully observe trail directions. This helps riders minimize interaction with other trail users. If you do pass another rider, announce your presence, give the other rider time to adjust, and pass with distance. Please be patient with each other.
- Ride-N-Go – Please do not congregate in the parking lot before/after rides or at intersections/transitioning areas on trails.
- Leash ‘Em – Keep dogs on a leash, or leave them at home.
- Lower the Gnar – Ride well within your limits to help avoid injury.
- Beat the Peak – Some parking areas may be limited. If a parking area is full, find another nearby network to ride or come back later. If possible, do your best to try to ride outside of peak times.
- No Sharing – Do not share bikes, tools, gloves, helmets, etc.
If you have any questions please contact your local chapter and/or the VMBA office. Links to every chapter can be found at VMBA Chapters on our website and the list of Closed Chapters during COVID-19 can be found at COVID-19 Response. In the meantime, don’t forget to renew your membership. On behalf of every Chapter and the office, thank you for your ongoing consideration for each other and the trails.