Thanks to all who joined our 2022/23 Annual Meeting on March 23rd! While the virtual format allowed a lot of our members to participate, we are eager to share a recap with those who couldn’t attend. Huge thanks to all the Chapters that shared their highlights and updates on last year’s Naming and Trail Grant projects. Feel free to check out both the presentation we used and we the full meeting recording on Youtube.
In addition to recapping major initiatives and highlights from last year, we got to hear from a dozen Chapters about their work this past season, announce the newly elected Board members, talk through our new 5-Year Strategic Plan, and previies what is in store for the season ahead.
Before announcing the results of the online Board election this past month, we expressed our enormous thanks to the four departing Board Members: Kim Stinson, John Ringer, Steph Baer, and Ariel Kent. All have been instrumental in shaping and strengthening VMBA these past few years and leave big shoes to fill on the Board.
Following participation by nearly 400 VMBA members, Abby Crisostomo, Kelly Dolan, Anthony Staples, and Annie Strout were voted in as new Directors. We also were happy to share that Jason Rickels was reappointed to the Board for a second 3-year term as Chapter Representative by the Advisory Council. Take a look at our Board Candidates post if you’d like to learn more about Abby, Kelly, Anthony, and Annie.
While most of our time was spent looking back, we did talk through a handful of exciting things either in the works or on the horizon for the 2022/23 season, specifically:
- New 5 year Strategic Plan! This has been a huge lift for our organization and will provide a road (or trail) map for the foreseeable future. Check out our Strategic Plan blog post to learn more!
- More and Better Trails: With 8 Naming Grants and 11 Trail Grants on the docket for 2023, we’re excited to be investing over $100,000 in our Chatper’s trail systems.
- VMBA Mobile App: Slated to launch this month, members will soon have access to their membership and Member Benefits right on their mobile device.
- Ambassadors: We announce our 12 VMBA Ambassadors for the coming year, who will help spread the stoke out on the trail and social media all season long.
- Bike Raffle: This year, we will be raffling off our best prize ever – a VMBA Dream Build featuring Transition, Rock Shox, WTB, Deity, SRAM and more. Get your tickets now!
- Events: With Chapter Kickoff parties fast approaching, the VMBA Days series on the calendar, and a top notch member party to cap things off in October, there will be no shortage of opportunities to celebrate building and riding in person this season.
We would not have enjoyed the success we did last season without the individuals and organizations that chose to support us, including Cabot Cremery, Outdoor Gear Exchange, The Lintilhac Foundation, the Conine Family Foundation, Velocio, VSECU, Evergreen Sports Medicine, Ski Rack, Berkeley & Vellor Realators, Darn Tough and, of course, our 9,500+ members!