Vermont Outdoor Innovation Coalition
Our mission is to build a more resilient Vermont through strengthening the connection between Vermont’s outdoor-minded business community and the essential network of non-profits working to visualize, create and maintain our outdoor recreation infrastructure.
How does VOICe benefit your outdoor-minded company?
VOICe is an opportunity for your company to have an influence on Vermont’s outdoor recreation infrastructure in a way that reflects the outdoor passions of your employees. Together we can embolden employee happiness, loyalty, camaraderie and connection to place, which all translates into your company attracting and retaining the best talent in the world.
Show your employees that you share their passion for the outdoors through a VMBA Naming Grant. Here’s how it works:
- Your company develops grant criteria that reflect your core values
- VMBA will facilitate chapters’ proposals to your grant – your employees choose which project(s) to support
- Your company will be invited to participate in a trail work day to help build the project while also building connections between your employees beyond the traditional work environment
- We will all celebrate a project grand opening for your employees and their families to walk or ride the trail
Naming Grants are a wonderful opportunity to show your employees that you value what is important to them and their families. Naming Grants are typically developed from Aug-Sept., published in Oct. and awarded at the annual meeting in November.
VOICe endeavors to:
- Lift up the value of volunteerism as critical and respected asset in Vermont.
- Ignite a co-investment culture that measurably links VOICe participation to consumer choice and happier employees.
- Provide an opportunity for VOICe partners to participate in key strategic planning and decision making operations.
- Provide an incubator space for new businesses seeking growth opportunities.
Do you own an outdoor minded business? Do your employees and their families love trails? To find out more about VOICe and Naming Grants, get in touch today.
More Time in the Woods
The number of people looking for more time in the woods is at an all time high and there’s no end in sight. VMBA’s membership has jumped 370% since 2013.
Building A Robust Economy
- Five new trail building companies have launched in 2019
- Of VMBA’s 30 retail partners, 40% are new to mountain biking in the last four years
- Bike shops are adding staff at an increased pace over the past five year compared to pre-2014
- Trails support businesses of all types and is a critical part of driving visitations to all parts of Vermont