Vermont Outdoor Innovation Coalition
Our mission is to build a more resilient Vermont through strengthening the connection between Vermont’s outdoor-minded business community and the essential network of non-profits working to visualize, create and maintain our outdoor recreation infrastructure.
How does VOICe benefit your outdoor-minded company?
VOICe is an opportunity for your company to have an influence on Vermont’s outdoor recreation infrastructure in a way that reflects the outdoor passions of your employees. Together we can embolden employee happiness, loyalty, camaraderie and connection to place, which all translates into your company attracting and retaining the best talent in the world.
Show your employees that you share their passion for the outdoors through a VMBA Naming Grant. Here’s how it works:
- Your company gathers employees that love trails – they develop grant criteria that reflect the types of trail projects they want to see built
- VMBA shares your grant with the chapters
- Chapters develop proposals for your employees’ consideration
- Your employees determine which project(s) to support
Naming Grants are a wonderful opportunity to show your employees that you value what is important to them and their families. Naming Grants are typically developed in September, published in October. and awarded at the annual meeting in November.
VOICe endeavors to:
- Lift up the value of volunteerism as critical and respected asset in Vermont
- Ignite a culture of shared stewardship among outdoor-minded businesses and VMBA
Do you own an outdoor minded business? Do your employees and their families love trails? To find out more about VOICe and Naming Grants, get in touch today.
“We take every applicant for a ride as part of the interview process!” Issa Sawabini, FUSE Marketing
More Time in the Woods
The number of people looking for more time in the woods is at an all time high and there’s no end in sight. VMBA’s membership has jumped 400% since 2013.
- VT grew by 5 new trail building companies in 2019
- 40% of VT bike retailers are new to mountain biking in the last four years
- Families and novice adults are the fastest growing market segments in VT bike shops
- VT Bike shops are adding staff at an increased pace over the past five years compared to pre-2014
- Trails support businesses of all types and are a critical part of driving visitations to VT