Love Local. The Skinny Pancake is on a mission to change the world by building a safer, healthier and more delicious food shed while creating everyday enjoyment that is fun and affordable. Please join us.
With thousands losing jobs across Vermont, and state food shelves inundated with people to feed, ShiftMeals provides nourishing meals for those in need. We serve anyone and everyone who needs a meal: laid-off restaurant workers, musicians, artists, gig workers, farmers, anyone affected by this crisis. You might not have the cash, you might not have access to the store, it doesn’t matter, if you need help, we’re here for you.
We also share meals through food shelves and community meal sites.
COVID-19 is challenging for all of us. We’re grateful to be weathering this storm with an amazing community, strengthened by our close relationships with local farmers, food producers, cooks, servers, and community members. As long as possible, ShiftMeals is here to weave our community of farmers and eaters together.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Request a ShiftMeal for yourself. Is COVID-19 impacting your ability to get enough food? We have nourishing, local food for you. We’re offering pick-ups in Burlington, Montpelier, and Waterbury with plans to expand across the state. Click on the location of your choice to learn more and request your free meal.
- Request bulk orders of ShiftMeals for your organization. Are you a food bank, food shelf or other service organization? We can send you bulk orders of ShiftMeals for free to distribute to your community. Please e-mail Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate to ShiftMeals. Looking to support community food security? Donate to ShiftMeals! For individual donations, please give directly to our GoFundMe. For larger corporate and philanthropic donations, please email ShiftMeals@skinnypancake.com. Donations are tax-deductible.
- Provide food for ShiftMeals. Calling farmers and food producers! You’re the foundation of our communities. Thank you! E-mail email@example.com to make product donations or nominate yourself to be a supplier. We are especially looking for farmers who are experiencing damaging losses due to COVID-19.
- Share! Do you know someone in need of a meal or who can help our efforts? Please let them know about ShiftMeals! Share this webpage or on social channels using #ShiftMeals. We want anyone and everyone to have access to these meals and to continue to support our local food economy.
ShiftMeals leads with kindness and collaboration. Supported by years of community building, this project was created by a partnership of The Skinny Pancake, Intervale Center, Vermont Community Foundation, and High Meadows Fund.
ShiftMeals would not be possible without the generous support of countless community members stepping forward to help one another.
All of our GoFundMe contributors
Black River Produce
High Meadows Fund
Boston Beer Company
Vermont Community Foundation
Lake Champlain Chocolates
To learn more about how we help protect the environment, check out our Vermont Green Restaurant Certification.
Burlington Int. Airport
For specific contact info & addresses – check out here
2021/22 VMBA Member Benefit:
10% OFF (all locations)