Your VMBA chapters did an amazing job putting together some stellar proposals for the VMBA Chapter Trail Grant. ’18 was a banner year for your membership dollars – 97% of them went to chapters. Each one of these projects bring our communities and visitors new opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Fellowship of the Wheel (Burlington)- A trail reclamation project in HTF after a logging operation
- Waterbury Area Trails Alliance – Disneyland Trail reroute at Perry Hill
- Bennington (BATS) – Tread-way improvements to the Carriage Trail near Southern VT College
- WCota (Windsor) – The development of a new trail network on Oak Hill in Bellows Falls
- MAMBA – Phase II of the new North Branch Park in Montpelier
- STP – Cady Hill recovery and tablets for rider research
- STAB (Brownsville) – Trail management expenses
- Upper Valley MTB Assoc. – New kid/family friendly network at Bradford Elementary School
- WAMBA (Woodstock) – Four new miles added to the Aqueduct Trails network
- Slate Valley (Poultney) – Additional new miles in the Delaney trails network
- RASTA (Rochester) – New 1.5 miles linking Rochester Valley Trails to the town of Rochester and a new .7 mile flowy down hill off of Sugar Tree Knob
- Mad River Riders (Waitsfield) – New ~2 mile section on the Butternut trail
- Grateful Treads (Montgomery) – New beginner network in conjunction with the Montgomery Rec. Center
- Franklin County – New trail network going into St. Albans Town Forest
- Richmond Mtn. Trails – a new intermediate/advanced trail in the Chamberlain Hill network
Most of these projects rely on your willingness to participate in trail days. In the event you’ve never participated in a trail day, the association is asking that you promise yourself to do so just one time this year – you will be stoked you did and come back for more. There is no better way to connect with the trails. Stay tuned to the VMBA events calendar and Facebook page to learn about trail days near you.
Plus – every hour you volunteer with a VMBA chapter means you can grab another chance to win a sweet bike if you register through Cabot’s Reward Volunteers program.