A banner year for membership dollars!
VMBA chapters did an amazing job putting together thoughtful proposals for the VMBA Chapter Trail Grant. AND 97% of membership dollars went to the local VMBA chapters! Each one of these projects bring our communities and visitors new opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Fifteen new projects for 2019:
- Fellowship of the Wheel (Burlington)- A trail reclamation project in HTF after a logging operation
- Waterbury Area Trails Alliance – Disneyland Trail reroute at Perry Hill
- Bennington (BATS) – Tread-way improvements to the Carriage Trail near Southern VT College
- WCota (Windsor) – The development of a new trail network on Oak Hill in Bellows Falls
- MAMBA – Phase II of the new North Branch Park in Montpelier
- STP – Cady Hill recovery and tablets for rider research
- STAB (Brownsville) – Trail management expenses
- Upper Valley MTB Assoc. – New kid/family friendly network at Bradford Elementary School
- WAMBA (Woodstock) – Four new miles added to the Aqueduct Trails network
- Slate Valley (Poultney) – Additional new miles in the Delaney trails network
- RASTA (Rochester) – New 1.5 miles linking Rochester Valley Trails to the town of Rochester and a new .7 mile flowy down hill off of Sugar Tree Knob
- Mad River Riders (Waitsfield) – New ~2 mile section on the Butternut trail
- Grateful Treads (Montgomery) – New beginner network in conjunction with the Montgomery Rec. Center
- Franklin County – New trail network going into St. Albans Town Forest
- Richmond Mtn. Trails – a new intermediate/advanced trail in the Chamberlain Hill network
Most of these projects rely on your willingness to participate in trail days. In the event you’ve never participated in a trail day, we’re asking that you contribute just one time this year. There really is no better way to connect with the trails and your fellow MTB’ers.
Plus – every hour you volunteer with a VMBA chapter means you can grab another chance to win a sweet bike if you register through Cabot’s Reward Volunteers program.