The Vermont Youth Cycling Program
Have you noticed more young riders on the trails? We have! Do you think mountain biking is a fun, healthy activity with the ability to teach positive life lessons? We do! Would you like to see more opportunities throughout the state for youth to try mountain biking for the first time, or excel to a higher level? We would!
The mission of the VT Youth Cycling League is to offer safe and fun interscholastic and neighborhood group rides and races. Vermont Youth Cycling (VTYC) educates and empowers young riders to improve their skills and health while building both a stewardship ethic for the trails and a caring community.
Teams are not isolated to just school groups. Any group that meets the criteria listed below are welcome to join the league.
How to start a team at your school or in your town:
Take a look at the list below and get in touch with Ross today.
- 5 or more riders in grades 5-12 from your local area
- 1 coach and 1 assistant coach (we look for a 1:6 coach to rider ratio)
- Create a team name
- Register coaches and riders
- Coaches and ride leaders get required background check
- Come out for spring group rides and fall races