Slate Valley Epic – 4th Annual
July 13 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
About the Slate Valley Epic
Join Slate Valley Trails (SVT) on July 13th 2024 for our Fourth annual Slate Valley Epic mountain bike race. Riders can expect some of the best singletrack riding with plenty of climbing and extraordinary views of southwestern Vermont and the Slate Valley. This race is approximately 40 miles with about 5,000 feet of climbing and will surely challenge you, but be a memorable weekend in the Vermont woods!
The event’s trailhead and expo is open to the public so come watch, cheer, eat, and celebrate with SVT and the racers Saturday. After the race, hang out and enjoy some food, music, refreshments, and comradery! Primitive camping is also available at the trailhead and can be purchased during registration.
- Racer Handbook from 2023 [There will be minor adjustments for this year’s race]
- The Saturday race starts at 7:30 AM and we expect all racers to be complete by around 4 PM.
- There will be wave starts at 5 minute intervals
- Competitive Awards and a Free Sponsor Raffle at 2:00 PM
- All racers will receive a great meal after the race from The Rollin Rooster and the public can purchase food on site
- Frost Brewing beer voucher included for after race celebratory brew
- The exact course will be released to participants prior to race day
- The Epic Race will start and finish at the Slate Valley Trails’ Fairgrounds trailhead located at 131 Town Farm Rd, Poultney, VT.
- This is a cupless race. Racers are encouraged to bring a water bottle to refill at the aid stations set up along the Race course. Small snacks will be available, but racers are encouraged to bring enough calories to sustain the duration of the race.
- All of our trails are on private land so littering and trail cutting will not be tolerated, racers will be disqualified!!!
- February 14-28, 2024: 100 spots open for racers that were registered for the 2023 event.
- Racers will be notified about how to register prior to February 14 via email
- On February 29, 2024 8AM : Registration opens for remaining spots with a racer registration cap of 220·
- In an effort to promote diversity and inclusivity in mountain bike racing, we will reserve 40 spots for women/non-binary participants through March 29, 2024. After March 29th, if not all 40 of the abovementioned spots are filled, we will open them up to any registrant on the Wait List.
When you register you understand that: The SVT Board of Directors reserves the right to cancel the event at any time, with NO RACER REFUND, due to any adverse events (ie. this may include, but is not limited to extreme weather, a community tragedy, etc.)·
- SVT does not offer refunds if the Wait List is empty. If you withdraw your registration, and someone on the Wait List accepts your position, you are entitled to a 50% refund
- There are no registration transfers to another racer
- A meal by Rollin’ Rooster WILL be included
- A shirt is NOT included with the registration fee this year, but they can be purchased separately at the time of online registration, or on the registration site up to a month before race day
- If you register for the waitlist (if the spots are currently full) you will WILL AUTOMATICLY BE REGISTERED & CHARGED when a spot opens up. YOU MUST REMOVE YOURSELF from the waitlist PRIOR to this if you no longer want to be entered.