VT Outdoor Innovation Coalition
The Vermont Outdoor Innovation Coalition (VOICe) is a network of successful Vermont businesses that share an appreciation for the role that Vermont’s outdoor recreation infrastructure plays in the vitality of the Vermont business community.
The primary purpose of the group is to establish a new culture that acknowledges and supports the efforts of the nonprofits that build and maintain Vermont’s outdoor recreation infrastructure. This support ensures that our nonprofits will thrive and that Vermont continues to play host to world-class recreation for locals and visitors seeking adventure.
The coalition was inspired by two primary factors. First, the number of people looking for more time in the woods is at an all time high and there’s no end in sight. VMBA’s membership has jumped 370% since 2013. Secondly, Vermont leadership is eager to build a more robust economy. One of our primary objectives is to play a central role in illustrating the vision shared among Vermont trail nonprofits, the business community and newly energized state leadership. VOICe is the first group to coalesce these diverse perspectives in support of Vermont's future.
2017 Innovators Supporting Your Vermont Outdoors:
- Cabot Creamery
- Outdoor Gear Exchange
- FUSE Marketing
- Long Trail Brewery
- Lintilhac Foundation
- Hergenrother Construction
- Trapp Family Lodge
- VT Ski+Ride/Vermont Sports
- Vermont Housing & Conservation Board
- Vermont State Employees Credit Union
- Good Luck Coffee Roasters
- Steve Fischer, DDS/Timberlane Dental Group
- To grow a business culture that is meaningfully connected to the economic impact of outdoor recreation in Vermont
- Develop robust support for the volunteer force that builds and maintains our outdoor recreation infrastructure
- Create space to incubate united perspectives on the value of outdoor recreation and its impact on Vermont’s evolving economy
- Play a role in strengthening businesses already here and to augment Vermont’s appeal to new businesses through promoting an open, nonpolitical dialogue between Vermont businesses and state leadership
Through VOICe, VMBA’s message gets a little louder at the state level. Ideally, this will result in two outcomes. First, the trial-based nonprofits, and the essential role they play in Vermont’s economy and defining its character, will be recognized through investments in expanding infrastructure and our capacity to tell our story to the world. Communities don’t build trails – trails build communities. This truth holds tremendous value for all types of stakeholders. Secondly, the state investing in trail infrastructure illustrates an alignment of shared priorities between state leadership and individuals, further strengthening our state’s amazing character. In turn, Vermont becomes even more appealing for businesses considering relocation.
VMBA is excited to lead this initiative and to develop new opportunities for trail-based, muscle powered outdoor nonprofits in Vermont. Are you a business owner interested in learning more? If so, please be in touch with Tom at 802.540.2447x4. Want to learn more now? Check out the outdoor recreation economic impact study conducted by the Vermont Trails and Greenways Council.